Recipe for Sea Palm (Postelsia palmaeformis) Zucchini-Cheese Omelet
Posted on: 08/12/2016 - Viewed: 17007
Postelsia palmaeformis, also known as the sea palm or palm seaweed, is a species of kelp and classified within brown algae. The sea palm is found along the western coast of North America, on rocky shores with constant waves. It is one of the few algae that can survive and remain erect out of the water; in fact, it spends most of its life cycle exposed to the air. It is an annual, and edible, though harvesting of the alga is discouraged due to the species' sensitivity to overharvesting. Here we will introduce to you the recipe for the most famous Sea Palm (Postelsia palmaeformis) Zucchini-Cheese Omelet.
Ingredient for Sea Palm (Postelsia palmaeformis) Zucchini-Cheese Omelet
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups zucchi slices or pieces
- 1 cup sliced sea palm stipe and fronds
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup sausage (optional)
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ to 1 cup other vegetable (optional) such as sliced green beans, tomato, pod peas, broccoli, etc.
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings or Spike
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup jack cheese sliced in small pieces
How to do Sea Palm (Postelsia palmaeformis) Zucchini-Cheese Omelet?
- Saute sausage, if using.
- Add onion, garlic, sliced sea palm and zucchini, and other optional vegetables.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Sauté gently a few minutes to evaporate some of the moisture.
- Pour beaten eggs on top.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover and cook slowly 10-15 minutes until eggs are set and the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot
We have this available on https://seatechbioproducts.com/sea-palm-postelsia-palmaeformis-human-nutrition-powder-25kg.html
Sea Vegetables Harvesting Guide & Cookbook- Evelyn McConnaughey (Page 193)
Photo for illustration only: http://www.dianekochilas.com/zucchini-feta-and-spring-herb-omelet-with-greek-yogurt/