Wakame (Alaria) and Cucumber Salad Recipe
Posted on: 12/06/2016 - Viewed: 16730
Kacie Loparto harvests seaweed along Maine's coast and sells it at farmers' markets and on her website. She especially loves wakame (Alaria) mixed with miso, ginger and cucumber. Here is her favorite recipe.
Ingredients for Wakame (Alaria) and Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 ounces wakame seaweed
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon yellow miso paste
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- salt, for seasoning
- 6 thinly sliced, small Persian cucumbers (or 1 large seedless cucumber)
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
How to make the Recipe
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add wakame and remove the saucepan from the heat; let stand until softened, 20 minutes.
- Drain the seaweed, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Remove any tough ribs from this wakame and thinly slice. In a medium bowl, whisk rice vinegar with lime juice, yellow miso paste and ginger, along with honey.
- Whisk in vegetable oil and toasted sesame oil and season with salt.
- Add the wakame along with cucumbers and scallions and toss well.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve right away.
We have wakame (Alaria) as bulk ingredient available on https://seatechbioproducts.com/wakame-alaria-human-nutrition-powder-25kg.html